Responsible for the supervision of banquet service and setup staff, ensuring operational standards and guest services are in accordance with Company Policy and Procedures. Assumes the role of point person for catered events, including wedding receptions, meetings, banquets and in–house events.
· Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
· Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
· Responsible for the training, scheduling, and supervision of banquet servers, bartenders and service personnel.
· Ensure smooth and efficient service throughout the banquet operations.
· Assists in upholding and maintaining high levels of sanitation and cleanliness throughout the banquet operations, in accordance with local, state and Federal health codes.
· May supervise multiple events simultaneously. May supervise events at Tioga Downs and Tioga Golf Club.
· Conducts pre-shift meetings with staff assigning stations and facilitating the flow of information throughout the department.
· Handles all associate relations issues as needed.
· Supervises bartenders, banquet servers and set up staff before, during and after events.
· Promote outstanding guest relations throughout the property resolving any guest dispute promptly and in a courteous manner. Develops a working relationship with key guests, such as meeting planners and key members of bridal party.
· Knowledge of local and state alcohol statutes, ensuring compliance.
· Assists the Catering and Concessions Manager and Banquet Chef in controlling costs of goods, labor costs and other operating expenses.
· Supervises all banquet bars to ensure TIPS compliance and integrity of operations.
· Assists the Catering and Concessions Manager in hiring, transferring, suspending, promoting, discharging, evaluating, assigning and disciplining of all front line associates.
· Collaborates with kitchen staff to ensure catering food quality, presentation and upkeep is at high levels at all times. Directs banquet cooks as needed to ensure maximum food quality and presentation.
· All other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises all service associates on assigned shift.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining associates, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required. Two year or four year degree in Hospitality Management or related field is preferred. A minimum of two years’ Hospitality Management experience preferred.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills required. A minimum of two years’ supervisory experience in a banquet Supervisory role is required. .
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The Associate frequently is required to stand and walk.
The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy. Live or recorded music may be present in the work environment.