Perform all general maintenance and repair functions within approved guidelines and as directed.
• Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
• Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
• Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions in electrical/mechanical systems (e.g. HVAC, plumbing) and other hotel equipment.
• Conducting ongoing room preventative maintenance program (see maintenance manual for system specifics).
• Works for customer satisfaction and comfort at all times
• Responsible for all general maintenance and repair of minor problems throughout the hotel as directed by immediate supervisor.
• Ensure adherence to all OSHA regulations. Health board, codes, and internal safety policies and procedures.
• Conduct preventive maintenance on all equipment as assigned.
• Supports other Maintenance personnel as needed.
• Supports housekeeping in all functions and concerns
• Reviewing maintenance problems, complaints and work orders to prioritize and schedule work.
• Troubleshooting and diagnosing malfunctioning mechanical systems and equipment.
• Inspecting property to identify potential and current needs.
• Soliciting bids from contractors and evaluating their proposals. Once contractor is selected and employed, ensuring work is completed to specifications.
• Coordinating with local health, safety, fire, and building inspectors to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
• Performing preventive maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
• Servicing the hotel’s pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters.
• Completing maintenance logs.
• Maintaining the building exterior if not serviced by a contractor (e.g. snow removal, lawn care, painting).
• Supervising and scheduling of maintenance staff.
• All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or G.E.D. required. Minimum of two years experience in general maintenance and must be able to do basic electric, plumbing and painting.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure and technical manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization or in one on one situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock and radiation. The associate occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the project floor or mechanical rooms, the noise level may increase to loud.