Accurately administer and oversee the operations of an assigned area in compliance with casino regulations and procedures. Create strong relationships with guests. If assigned to the Poker Room, is responsible for the implementation and compliance of all Poker policies and procedures and supervises the operation of assigned Poker games to ensure integrity and customer satisfaction.
• Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
• Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
• Provides superior guest service, positively effects interactions with external and internal guests and team members, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult guests in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with co-workers.
• Assumes overall responsibility for the effective gaming service activities for a designated area.
• Verifies all gaming table transactions in supervised area.
• Inspects cards and other gaming equipment prior to play
• Maintains constant awareness of activities of all games in assigned locations in order to observe and act appropriately in event of any suspicious or irregular activity.
• Monitor and track player rating activity according to average bet, length of play and ensuring the proper information is entered into the casino CMS system to record player history
• Opens and closes games in assigned area verifying count as provided by Dealer.
• Controls and directs games in progress by monitoring and providing assistance and dealer coaching and correction.
• Maintains awareness of how each game stands with respect to player limits, special guests, gains/losses, and dealer performance.
• Provides and monitors on-the-job training for Dealers to ensure staff receives adequate guidance, resources, and information for adequate job performance.
• Settles disputes that arise from guests in the Table Games area, referring those that are very difficult to the Shift Manager
• Exercise appropriate discretion in identifying situations that require management attention
• Assures relationship building by interacting with guests and modeling interactive skills with guests and fellow employees. Is proactive in anticipating guests needs
• Remains alert to any unusual or questionable activities being displayed by any Table Games employee or gaming guest and reports any situations to assigned superior.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all local jurisdictional gaming laws, internal controls, liquor laws and table games regulations
• Strong knowledge of department policies and procedures including those pertaining to Federal and Regulatory laws and guidelines including Title 31
• Knowledge of special promotions and events
• Act as a role model and coach while developing employees using a consistent, approachable demeanor and clearly articulating expectations
• Establish self as highly credible leader with highest levels of integrity, and always acts in the best interests of the property and the company
• Provide appropriate recognition and rewards to individuals and groups when consistent superior performance is attained
• Ensure that team members clearly understand and are held accountable for their performance expectations
• All other duties as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining associates, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED required. Minimum one year experience as a trained Table Games Dealer. Supervisor experience preferred. Strong knowledge of department policies and procedures including those pertaining to Federal and Regulatory laws and guidelines. Knowledge of special promotions and events. Maintain a working knowledge of all local jurisdictional gaming laws, internal controls, liquor laws and table games regulations. Clear technical understanding of table games manuals, policies and procedures. Must be able to review and comprehend player data and other necessary documentation and observe play of guests. Must be able to operate a computer keyboard. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends and holidays as needed
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Must possess strong verbal communication and public relation skills. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to Guests and other Associates of the company. Must be able to respond calmly in stressful situations with co-workers and guests in fast-paced environment. Must be able to communicate effectively with guests as well as all levels of team members
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money. Must be able to quickly and accurately perform mathematical computations when determining winners and losers
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and possess the mobility to move easily around pit area as well as entire property for entire shift. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, twist and grip items. Must be able to be physically mobile and have the ability to push, pull, carry and lift 40 pounds. Must present a well-groomed appearance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to tolerate areas containing varying noise and temperature levels.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.