Responsible for overseeing and operating table games. Deals out cards or blocks to patrons for games of chance. Supervises players, checks hands for winnings, and collects or deals out chips accordingly
• Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
• Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests
• Deal games in order to provide guests with courteous, accurate and efficient service
• Possess money-handling skills, count large sums of cash and exchange for gaming chips
• Receive wagers from customers and pay the appropriate game outcomes
• Follow game procedures when dealing Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Poker and any other form or variation of table games
• Possess a strong knowledge and adhere to all departmental policies and procedures including those pertaining to Federal and Regulatory laws and guidelines.
• Follow all state regulations and internal controls as it relates to this position
• Verify and sign for Fills, Credits and all documents listed in internal controls
• Exercise appropriate discretion in identifying situations that require management attention
• Provide game protection by keeping visual contact of all guests and game layout, and report any suspicious activity to your immediate supervisor.
• Notify Supervisor of any irregularities, disputes or conflicts.
• Inspect cards and gaming equipment to ensure compliance with gaming standards
• Maintain game security and protect company assets at all times
• Provide a welcoming greeting a warm farewell and thank guests for visiting
• Assist customers in understanding the rules and ensure adherence to established policies and procedures
• Enthusiastically support, actively promote and demonstrate superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs
• Promote an entertaining environment and celebrate guests wins
• Maintain an upbeat and positive attitude, initiate courteous and friendly conversations with guests
• Act as a role model: always present oneself as a credit to Tioga Downs Casino
• All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED required. Applicant must successfully complete dealer training or have 6 months prior dealing experience. Must have the ability to deal Craps and/or a minimum of at least two main casino games (Blackjack, Roulette, Pia Gow Poker, and Baccarat)
Must possess good manual dexterity for quick and accurate handling of chips, cards and money. Must be 21 years of age. Six months experience in customer service field preferred but not mandatory. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends and holidays as needed
Good oral and written communication skills, must be fluent and literate in English
Must be able to successfully complete a basic math test, and pass an audition. Must be able to quickly and accurately perform mathematical computations when determining winners and losers and collecting and paying out bets
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand, walk and sit. The associate is occasionally required to stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and possess the mobility to move easily around pit area as well as entire property for entire shift. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, twist and grip items. Must be able to be physically mobile and have the ability to push, pull, carry and lift 40 pounds. Must present a well-groomed appearance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to tolerate areas containing varying noise and temperature levels.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.